Thursday, January 15, 2009

Motivation

I don't ask for much for christmas but perhaps I should have taken the time out to write to Santa to deliver me a dose of motivation. A strong dose. 

Could it be because I have no overseas trips planned this year? I have grown accustomed to planning (i say that loosely) and counting down to the inevitable day you fly out. Now there is nothing for me to look forward to. The countdown to the new year has passed and now there is nothing to count down to for the rest of they year. I am bereft of the opportunity of experiencing another culture this year.

The only countdown that I look forward to is my close friend Monica's wedding and another friend's wedding. Although after their weddings I'll be depressed for they go on their honeymoon overseas whilst I invariably go back to the daily grind. The downside to this countdown is trying to fit into a bridesmaid dress. Fitting is at the end of this month. My motivation needs to kick in and go into overdrive ASAP. 




No comments:

Post a Comment