Sunday, July 15, 2012

Frustrated.....but 'consistency is key' I've been told.

To say i'm frustrated is an understatement. It's only week 1 into my 10 week training program so I shouldn't be too hard on myself but when you know what you are capable of, impatience starts to set in. My mind and body are not quite in sync yet.

What has stuck in my head from my current reading material 'Never go 2 days without running!' and I am trying to stick to that. In running, it doesn't matter that you've ran 10K races or half marathons. The minute you stop running for more than 2 days your fitness diminishes. Consistency has always been an issue for me but I am trying to work on that. This time around, I don't want to finish but I want to finish in a better time than last year's time.

I woke up this morning with my muscles aching from the Tabata class and the weight training yesterday. It was enough to stop me from going out for a run. But I made myself go. It was one of my worst runs. Not even 1km into the run and I was suffering from shin splints. I battled with my mind throughout the whole workout, do I cut it short and end it and try again next week? But I persevered. I made the workout count and settled instead for interval training. Running fast for a short period and then walking. One of these days I will have my mojo back and all my consistency will have paid off. I long for the day when I go out for a run and I'm flying. It will happen, I know it will. I have every faith in myself. Failure is NOT an option.




No comments:

Post a Comment