Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Feeling somewhat normal

The pain from the aftermath of a serious workout can still be felt but today I feel somewhat normal. My legs are still healing but the thought of going to my touch football game tonight fills me with nervous anticipation. It is always hard work, running up and down the field but always very rewarding in the end, win or lose.

Tonight instead of a 4.8km run, I am substituting it with my touch football game which I equate to sprint training.

Update:

Didn't make it to my footy game. Had an interview after work and wouldn't have made it on time. Decided to take another rest break to get my legs to be fully recovered. Tomorrow I will run.

On the train ride home, I realised I couldn't be cryptic in my entries. For this blog to be of any use to my training I need to be a bit more detailed.

I noticed after my workouts on Saturday and Sunday I was exhausted. The causes could be:

1) worked too hard;
2) not eating a runners diet or;
3) not getting enough rest.

It is not enough to maintain this blog, record my runs in my training spreadsheet and weight sessions but I think I should maintain a food diary. It all seems too much. If only I applied this much effort in other parts of my life.

Sometimes I wonder what motivates me? And why on earth I put myself through all this pain? And then a friend who shares the same running craziness as I tells me 'You do it because you can. All of this will be worth it in the end.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment