Saturday, February 16, 2013

Mini Goals

It is so much harder to get moving now that I no longer have gym membership. Some would say that once they lock themselves to a financial commitment to a gym membership more often than not, you are guilted into going because you don't want to waste the money you've paid. I was never really one of those members. As those of you can attest, you never walk out from a workout feeling like it was a waste of time.

It has been a start/stop process for me to get me moving. Without goals I lack the motivation so I've set myself a mini goal. I will run every day for the next 7 days, starting tomorrow Sunday 17th February.

We'll see how it goes shall we?

Besides these mini goals, the races I'm hoping to complete this year are:

4 May 2013 - Nike She Run 10K
19 May 2013 - The Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon
22 Sep 2013 - Blackmores Half Marathon

On top of that there are the SMC monthly races. I've registered but so far I've only ran 1 race since October. It's not a lot of races this year but they are a lot harder. I haven't done a half marathon since 2011. Back then I had a personal trainer to get me into shape. I really need to get some exercise plan in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment